Perfect World International Forum

Perfect World International Forum (http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New Horizon Feedback 2.0 (http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1668121)

sparkiesoft 01-29-2014 08:03 PM

New Horizon Feedback 2.0

Hi all, this post won't be stickied for too long as I know it's getting a bit cluttered up here. That said, I wanted to create this thread to get a very general feel of how you are all experiencing the new expansion. Below are a few questions for you to answer. They can be brief, or give in-depth detail, it's up to you.

Q:What did you like?
Q:What did you dislike?
Q:What could've made it better?
Q:What kind of content would you like to see in the future?
Q:Was it difficult to progress through the new content?

Thanks!

Crixxix - Raging Tide 01-29-2014 08:29 PM

Quote:

Well, I like the fact that the new expansion brought something fresh and new to the game. Rebirthing is a good time sink. I also found the new quest line (After rebirthing) to be engaging and addicting. Lastly, the History Advancement mechanic was a nice touch, I found it to be amusing to watch which servers finished what first (Turns out, my server is the laziest) b:laugh

Quote:

To be honest, the new starting area was the biggest disappointment, and one of the nicest additions all at the same time. Graphically speaking, it's absolutely amazing. Most of the questline is also good, so here's what broke it for me:

First off, the quest that requires you to embrace another player is quite honestly annoying, and sometimes near impossible to complete. This aspect should, in my opinion, be removed.

Second is the overpowered gear and skills that are given to you basically right away. This just encourages people to try and power level, and doesn't contribute to learning your class, because you can 2 or 3 shot the mobs (I used an Archer for my play through here). Giving players the standard weapon and the option to buy gear for players their level would be more than sufficient.

Lastly is allowing the auto cultivation system to be used here. A lot of people are doing so to get the wings through the Aquametal exchange, and it gets annoying when everyone there is botting.

Quote:

Honestly, one of the biggest issues that I've heard of (but never had the chance to experience as of yet) is the 2nd rebirth questline being supposedly broken. From what I've heard of it, it seems to me that the players may not have done enough of the History Advancement to progress further, but an official comment on whether it is broken or we just need to have patience would be nice.

My reason for the theory is that hypering in FC in China is impossible, so it was never intended for us to have rebirthed both times so quickly. If you could look into this and give us a clear answer, I think this issue would be solved.

Quote:

I'd like to see a few things, one of the biggest is balancing the PVP system a little more. Currently, the gap between players is HUGE, and I think it drives quite a few people away.

Revamping Nirvana would be awesome, as no one runs it due to raps/cannies being available via NW. It was a fun instance, and still holds potential.

Maybe having a new instance that everyone could somehow participate in. Not sure how it would be pulled off, but something that would encourage people of all levels, gears, and classes to run together. There's even an unused portal down by Chromagnon Village, where Black Sand Palace should have been. I always just tell people it's the Temple of Crixxix b:chuckle

Quote:

Not really, from what I've seen. Of course, none of us have seen everything yet, due to History Advancement. It takes time, which is a good thing, and stops us from doing everything all in one day. The beginning questline is cake work, and the rebirthing questline isn't bad from what I've seen of it.

This was a really good post Sparkie. Keep this up, and you'll be loved by many of us. It really shows that someone cares, and that our opinions matter. Thanks!

Dami_ - Heavens Tear 01-29-2014 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkiesoft (Post 21162931)

Thanks!

I liked, i love Flowsilver palace, first time that i feel welcome in a instance for be full heavy blademaster. Also have to realy work on team at the Frog boss.

I disliked that Dragons Hidden Den have been removed. Also i dislike that after lvl 100 one lost the exp bonus from reawake.

What i want to make better is nothing about this expansion, is About Nations war, they might make it complete random, making radom inclusive where end the people inside squads. Also i Want more lore and plot in the quests stories, i would like that nirvi s3 weapons gets effects, i mean, not as powerfull as r9 gear with god of frenzy, but almost some efect that might help.

Well in the future i would like to see more places like dragons hidden den and flowsilver palace, also more contend for low lvls, i feel that compared to people over lvl 100, lower levels don't have much to do.

The only difficult have been the glitches.

Bubbles - Morai 01-29-2014 08:34 PM

I appreciate the thought of this thread but seeing how it's up to wanmei do anything, best not to hope on too much.

Quote:

1. Reborn content.

2. Wanmei failing to fix old bugs/update graphics/optimize client as usual.

3. See Number 2 + housing from p2p pw.

4. See Number 3.

5. This game was never hard.

Edit:

Since sparkiesoft is a newbie and I don't know how much you've been filled in on, let me explain a few common terms:

PWCN = Perfect World China = Our mother version

Wanmei = PW Beijing = Developer/Publisher of PWCN

p2p pw = pay to play version of pw, original version that has never left China. Mostly known for player housing (leftovers of this exists in our pwi client).

Rjwashere - Dreamweaver 01-29-2014 08:36 PM

add speedo and bowtie fashion

Liveena - Heavens Tear 01-29-2014 08:40 PM

Quote:

Thanks!

Q1: new card system, new skills, new daily
Q2: Lack of quest after reawaken, people auto-culti aka botting at daily quest mobs, removal of HDD
Q3: Some animation or graphic change to reawaken toon, or maybe just the genie apperance. New weapon and gear, and more slot in bag.
Q4: more quest for reawaken people, or some quest reset after reawakening
Q5: Kinda easy as long as you know how to play

b:bye that would be all, maybe I'll add more in the future

Girlbat_nine - Heavens Tear 01-29-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Hi all, this post won't be stickied for too long as I know it's getting a bit cluttered up here. That said, I wanted to create this thread to get a very general feel of how you are all experiencing the new expansion. Below are a few questions for you to answer. They can be brief, or give in-depth detail, it's up to you.

Thanks!

i like the look of the new luncher to start the game.

i dislike that i cant click the start button to play at all and that the game isn't working for me since the expansion update

it would of been better if the expantion was less buggy

oVenusArmanio 01-29-2014 08:53 PM

Quote:

Both of the new zones, primal and the astral domain. They were pretty and fun and that's always a good thing. I also liked the concept of rebirthing as it worked out here. It's a nice way to get some extra stats and make alternative builds more fun.

The new autopath minus the glitch OFC

The 500k reward added to Lunar

The improvement of macros

That dreamchaser gear is easier to get and farmable, and the new HP/MP pots for lowbies

The mine scout! OMG! I've been wanting an NPC to make the 20-29 culti shorter for years! No idea how happy that made me. It was a little complaint but it's bugged me for a long, long time.

Quote:

I admit I'm a bit of hypocrite on this one since I have been using it, but that's mostly because I don't want to get left behind. The auto-cultivation though has got to be one of the worst ideas ever. I admit it can be useful for things like getting aquametals, but it's also going to drive up inflation. Have you seen the prices in China and in games in general that have bots? Not a good look. Very much dissatisfied with it's implementation and I'm basically only using it because I"m not a moron, and it's not like it's cheating. :P

The fact that people who RB can get the lowbie buffs in Nation Wars. That was meant as a handicap for the weakest people in the game, not as a buff for people who already have any form of level 100 gear.

That fairyboxes have been removed from TT. Refining was already almost as expensive the gear itself, there is not any reason why it should be made more expensive with the double whammy of being able to farm event gold being taken away soon AND making mirages harder to come by. It's just flat out ridiculous.

You've made character creation less intuitive, which is a shame because character creation is one this game's strongest selling points.

New card system needs some work

Quote:

A little more love for sub-100 stuff. Would've liked to see some new level restricted quest and content such as the aquametals. 80-100 quests in particular reallly need an overhaul.

A new farming instance for tradeable things.

Some new NW maps.

Quote:

More love for new and casual players so that this game isn't as difficult to get into.

More challenging (but completely optionable) things for people who are established

A new farming instance

New Pve Instance on the world map rather than always new zones

Quote:

Up until the part it breaks, no not really.

Nigoshi - Raging Tide 01-29-2014 08:59 PM

Overall I am enjoying this expansion, but if i had to choose a few things that i like most about it they would be: the new skills, the world quest progression and the auto cultivation system.

The auto squad tool, not being able to see how much infamy you have by just hovering over the icon, the removal of the auto-pot icon, the lack of information on the war avatar cards upon launch, not being able to actually trade or account stash the cards.

The removal of fairy boxes. really -_- first there's a limit to 6/day then you take them out entirely. Not cool yo.

More information upon launch, making the auto squad tool more visible (as far as I know not many people use it, at least not on RT. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of folks didn't know it even existed). It would also help to have some options on the auto squad tool such as the number of people you want in a party, what classes you're looking for and a level bracket (not sure if it squads people according to level to be honest, i was only ever able to test it with lvl 100+)

Improvements on the TW instance would have been extremely welcomed. (Map variety based on the land being attacked, Individual participant winner rewards, Outnumbered system)

More PvP themed or enabled events, More world quest, another PWIC!

Not at all, save for that broken legendary quest

rieihdius 01-29-2014 09:10 PM

Quote:

Thanks!

Hello and welcome.

Q1: I like the New content in general

Q2: Some old and new Bugs that need a fix. Also the removal of BH Snake from the Bounty Hunt daily quest, that I really disliked.

Q3: I would add some low level reborn quests, so it would be more fun to level up

Q4:
- I would like to see more content on the main map, there are still areas that said comming soon when you fly there, the area between Ragin tide and tellus is an example of this: some times my toons get stuck at some point on the ocean there when flying from one place to another b:laugh .
- Also i Would like to see an alternative instance to get badges and molds, the only way to get those now are lunar and Warsong, it would be fun to see more vile bosses.

Q5: Not really